Statistics show that puppies who receive coaching and socialisation on a regular basis from the imprinting age (8 weeks onward) to at least one year of age, have a head start in life education. They learn coping mechanisms, display less stress and become more confident, well-adjusted dogs who are treasured family members.
This course is orientated around the whole family and will guide you and your pup through the early learning and developmental stages. The course is designed to establish solid foundations and to habituate your puppy to new environments. This is critical as it forms part of socialisation. (Socialisation is not just playing with other puppies, it also means coping with the big wide world outside of their homes). We build confidence in playing, walking and learning.
Puppies should start schooling from 8 weeks of age as long as they have had their first vaccination. We minimise the risk of infectious disease whilst supporting the statements of the AVA (Australian Veterinarian Association) and renowned Veterinary Behaviourist Dr Kersti Seksel regarding disease vs socialisation.
People are often concerned about the risk of disease but underestimate the damage poor socialisation can do.
Parvo influenza can be controlled and managed therefore you can take your puppy out and about in low risk areas and start socialising it.
Under socialised pups learn to fear the great outdoors, most become nervous, anxious and end up with behavioural issues. This is not a fixable solution.
- Suitable for puppies aged between 8-16 weeks
- Four-week course
- Each class runs for 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Foundation Learning – Basic Obedience Skills
- Commence Loose Lead walking – Introduction to Harmony Harness
- Cover behavioural issues: Biting/mouthing/jumping/digging/ Toilet Training/ sleep settling
- Health and nutrition
- Socialisation around other pets and environments
- Caters for whole families (see Our Rules regarding very young children)
Course Materials Provided
- Comprehensive online notes
- Week to week video Tutorials
- Certificates of Graduation
- Telephone and email support throughout class
***NOTE: Video tutorials and notes are for client use only and must not be distributed to anyone. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action.