Information that we collect
For each visitor to our website, our web server collects the following type of information for statistical purposes:
- The number of users who visit the website
- The date and time of the visits
- The pages accessed
- The user’s top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- The previous site visited
- The type of browser used
- The user’s operating system (Windows, Mac etc)
Collection of personal information
When you email us:
- We will record your email address.
- We will only use your email address for the purpose for which you provided it.
- It will not be added to an external mailing list unless requested· We will not use your email address for any other purpose.
- We will not disclose it without your consent.
Other personal information collected by us (for example through the use of an online form) will only:
- Be collected by lawful and fair means.
- Be used for a lawful purpose.
- Be collected with your consent, and.
- The purpose for collection is clear and explicit.
Management of personal information held by Positive Response Dog Training:
Positive Response staff members have signed confidentiality agreements and have been provided with privacy training to ensure that they understand Positive Response’s responsibilities under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and their obligation to maintain the confidentiality of your information and respect your rights under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Positive Response treats all breaches of privacy very seriously and will not tolerate any misuse of your infromation.
How we capture information
We use technology called cookies when you visit our site. Cookies are pieces of information that a website can transfer to an individual’s computer hard drive for record keeping. Your cookie may be sent at various times during your visit to our web site and may be updated as you access the many different areas.
Use of collected information
The information we collect (including information contained in your cookie) may be used to provide such capabilities as personalisation services, interactive communications, and personalised communication between you and the content you prefer. We may also use the information to estimate the size of our audience and measure certain traffic patterns, to track the progress and number of entries in our promotions and contests, to track visits to and business conducted and to notify our visitors about updates to our web site.
We may occasionally contact you with information regarding special events at Positive Response Dog Training. If you ever receive a type of communication that you would not like to receive, you will have the option to unsubscribe from such communication (usually at the bottom of the page).
With whom do we share your information and for what purpose?
Positive Response Dog Training does not sell, rent, or trade your personal information with others. However, when one or more of our business partners co-sponsor a service, promotion and/or contest, we may share some or all of the information collected in connection with such service, promotion or contest with the co-sponsor(s).
If we intend to share such information, you will be notified prior to the collection of that information. If you do not want your information to be shared, you will be able to choose not to allow the transfer by not using or signing up for that particular service, promotion or contest.
Security of information
Information that we capture is passed through a secure server using encryption technology which scrambles the information to ensure it is protected over the internet.
Specific to Positive Response Dog Training, your details are required to allow us to :
- Recognise you when we make personal contact.
- Send you our newsletter. Your email is hidden in our system from all other users.
- Provide discounts to you. Remember your login as a convenience so that you don’t have to login each time you visit. This requires that your browser has cookies enabled.
- Hide your true name on postings you have made to Positive Response Dog Training. This is shown by your Identity Name.
As a Member you must follow rules of acceptable use for this facility. These rules are:
- In your postings to Positive Response Dog Training, you may not use abusive, profane, derogatory, racist, inflammatory, sexist, ageist, or other unacceptable language. The language must be of a ‘G’ rating.
- Your postings to Positive Response Dog Training are subject to approval for publication – they are not shown on the site until approved. You will be able to see your own, unapproved postings. Should content be found questionable, you shall be contacted and we reserve the right to adjust text or delete the posting.
- Pictures may be uploaded with postings to Positive Response Dog Training and are subject to approval for publication as with the text.
Under certain circumstances, your subscription to Positive Response Dog Training may be cancelled.
By subscribing to Positive Response Dog Training, you are agreeing to these rules.